Inside: Need something quick and simple to bring to that Christmas party you forgot about? Look no further! Spiced Nuts are ready in no time, and you’ll love the aroma wafting from your kitchen, not to mention the taste!
So you’ve been busy all day with last-minute Christmas to-dos when you remember you promised to bring a festive food to the party!
Enter Spiced Nuts.
Great for so many occasions as well as being easy to make, and the spicy goodness wafting from the kitchen is heavenly! I have given these as gifts and been asked for the recipe many times, and while it didn’t originate with me, it has become “my thing” to bring to Christmas parties and gatherings.
I also like the versatility of these. If you’re doing keto or low carb, use a stevia erythritol blend instead of sugar. Almonds work equally well as pecans for a less expensive option, and although I haven’t tried walnuts with this recipe, I imagine they’re just as good.
Give ’em a try. You’ll thank me.
Without further ado, here is the simple recipe.
- 1 cup of sugar (or sweetener to equal this amount)
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. allspice
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. cloves
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 4 cups of pecan halves (or almonds or walnuts)
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine the six spices and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix sugar (or sweetener) with egg whites.
- Add nuts and stir until they are coated well.
- Next toss in the spices, making sure they are evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
- Spread out nuts on a foil-lined baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes and stir them.
- Bake for 10 more minutes.
- Let cool and store in airtight container.
Do you have a favorite go-to recipe for Christmas? Tell us about it in the comments.
Related posts: The 12 Posts of Christmas, Day 1: A Simple Song